West Fargo Car Tune Up Services
At Auto Doctors, we love our cars and want them to last. We offer a tune up service that’s so good it’s guaranteed to make driving your car more enjoyable. Our regularly scheduled major service is thorough and precise and is available for all types of automobiles.
Tune up services includes:
- Check and replace fuel filter
- Check and replace spark plugs
- Checking of all ignition parts
- Distributor cap adjustment
- Check and replace serpentine belts
- Check and replace air filter
- Battery service
- Change PCV valve
Auto Doctor’s Auto Repair’s team of expert mechanics are accustomed to working on all major brands of automobiles and can have your car tuned up and ready to go in no time.
We are fully insured and offer competitive rates on our services that are always by the book. We’ll always deal with you fairly and never tack on any hidden fees or extras mid-job.
Get the most out of your car, call Auto Doctors Auto Repair and schedule a tune up today.
Why Choose Us?
- Friendly, Honest Service
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Fast, Prompt Service
- High Quality Products
- AAA Discounts
- ASE Certified Technicians
- Same-Day Service
- Free Written Estimates (pre-Work)
- Free Shuttle
- 12 Month/ 12,000 Mile Warranty On Work
- Licensed And Insured
We take care for your vehicle
Your vehicle is driving erratically, or you’ve got a warning light on your dashboard that was blinking yesterday and now is on steady. What do you do? Hint: the answer is not to put a piece of electrical tape over the warning light and pretend it’s not happening. Quick attention to dashboard lights can save you thousands on serious repairs down the road.
What makes a dashboard light come on?
Today’s vehicles are manufactured with complex interrelated systems. On-board computers continuously monitor and store information concerning the performance of these systems. A warning light comes on because the computer has sensed a signal from one of the systems or components that has gone outside of its normal operating range. The computer then sends a signal to turn on the dashboard light to let you know something is wrong!
The potential causes for a warning light can range from improperly tightening your gas cap to engine, transmission or braking system performance issues. While dashboard lights can go on and the car still appears to be driving “fine”, ignoring some lights can lead to serious issues, such as engine damage or other component failure. In some instances, this can be a safety hazard. That’s why it is recommended to have your car looked at by a certified professional as soon as possible for both your safety and peace of mind. To learn more about the different types of dashboard lights visit our Car Warning Lights page.
>How can Auto Doctors “diagnose” my problem?
At Auto Doctors, we have the tools, training and technology to properly handle diagnostic issues for everything from a Check Engine light to an ABS Warning light. Properly performing a complete diagnostic procedure normally includes the following steps:
1. RETRIEVE DATA – A full-functioning scan tool is used to perform an onboard computer system analysis in order to retrieve the following:
- Computer codes
- Freeze frame data
- Computer software version numbers
- Critical sensor data and status information
NOTE: Merely “pulling codes” does not generally provide enough information to make an accurate diagnosis of the problem. Pulling codes is the initial step in the process by identifying the circuit or system that has illuminated the vehicle’s dashboard light.
2. VERIFICATION TESTING – Verification tests determine if systems meet proper specifications. These tests may include an analysis of:
- Engine vacuum and backpressure
- Mechanical and electrical engine timing
- Ignition system
- Fuel system
- Emissions system
NOTE: Failure in any of these basic systems can cause the check engine light to illuminate and falsely identify a circuit or component as the problem, which could lead to improper or unnecessary parts replacement if your garage does not complete verification testing.
3. PINPOINT TESTING – All manufacturers require that circuit or component pinpoint testing is done in order to make an absolute diagnostic determination. These actions involve:
- Working through wiring diagrams
- Performing electrical and/or mechanical tests
- Performing bi-directional control tests
- Visual inspections of suspect areas
4. RESEARCH TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS – Technical Service Bulletins and hotline information will indicate if the problem has been determined to be a pattern failure, meaning that it is a known issue that occurs with a particular type of vehicle. This does not eliminate the need for testing, as other systems must meet specifications before a service bulletin procedure should be performed.
5. CAR REPAIR – This may involve multiple actions such as:
- Parts replacement
- Cleaning of passages, connections and/or components
- Performing manufacturer technical service bulletin updates
- Updating of vehicle’s computer software
- Wiring repair or replacement
6. VERIFY REPAIR – Once all necessary actions have been taken, the vehicle must be retested to verify that the repair is complete and has achieved the proper results.
How long will it take to diagnose my problem?
In most cases, we can actually find AND fix the problem in the same day.
Do I need an appointment?
Most centers do not require an appointment, but please call your us for details. It is our goal to make it convenient and offer times that works best for you.
How much will it cost?
Diagnostics are usually handled at an hourly or procedural rate that is specific to each store. Please use our map to find us and call for more details. A Check Engine Light diagnostic will often be at a fixed rate, unless additional diagnostic procedures are needed.
Why does my parts store offer to “do my check engine light” for free?
Parts stores capabilities are limited to only reading the stored trouble codes, but they do not perform the diagnostic procedures to determine what is exactly required to fix your vehicle. Auto Doctors have certified technicians whose job it is to accurately diagnose and fix cars!
What are examples of vehicle operating issues that require diagnostics?
Typical vehicle operating issues that require a diagnosis on your vehicle include:
- Any warning lights on the dash that are illuminated (Check Engine Light, ABS, etc.)
- Emissions failures
- Engine or transmission performance
- Steering and ride control
All of the parts we install are guaranteed to meet or exceed manufacturer standards, and if you wish, we’ll return all of your old parts to you. If a dashboard light is activated in your vehicle, have the problem taken care of by our experts.
West Fargo Towing
Auto Doctors Towing and Auto Repair has been meeting a variety of automotive needs for the West Fargo, Fargo / Moorhead surrounding communities since 2005. We are fully staffed with master technicians, certified drivers, and dispatchers. Our towing and recovery services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays! Our equipment is top of the line with mobile data terminals in each truck to dispatch our drivers quickly and more efficiently to your location.
We provide medium, and light duty towing and recovery. We also service tires, jump starts, lockouts, and minor mechanical problems in the field.
Why Choose Auto Doctors Towing & Auto Repair for Your Towing Needs?
Our commitment to providing our customers with the highest quality services at affordable rates is what makes Auto Doctors Towing & Auto Repair the obvious choice to meet your needs.
We offer the following services:
- Accident / Recovery Services
- Air Delivery
- Auto Transport
- Gas or Diesel Deliveries
- Heavy Duty Tire Changes
- Jump Start
- Junk Car Removal
- Mobile Battery Service
- Stranded Motorist Assistance
- Tire Changes
Auto Doctors Towing & Auto Repair employs drivers who are extensively trained in safety and have a diverse knowledge of most vehicles they come across, ensuring you get back on the road as quickly as possible. We are only a quick phone call away and, in most cases, can get you back on the road in minutes!
We can take a look under the hood
- Vehicle Hoses
- Head lights
- Brake lights
- Turn signals
- Fluid levels
- Windshield wipers
- And more
Auto Doctors technicians have been proudly servicing you. We’re committed to the health and long life of your vehicle. When you choose vehicle inspection services at Auto Doctors, you’re choosing to know what condition your car is in and what you can do to keep it running newer, longer.
We can fine-tune your car
- Performance Exhaust Installation
- Performance Tuning
- Suspension Service kits
- Cold air intake
- Honest opinions on performance upgrades